Top Bar

Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Women of the Sun – Head Tie Series


ASheadwWomenoftheSun1

Introducing a new line of greeting cards to the SHOP, Women of the Sun (Head Tie Series).  These handmade paper-cut design features the traditional head garb and captures the beauty and style of women. I found inspiration from my own head tie collection, my days dancing with a Caribbean dance company and also watching my grandmothers’ wrapping their heads daily. I also received this inspiration after meeting a lovely friend earlier this year (also now a partner in a project in the making) Natalya Mills-Mayrena (follow her on ig: @iammsmills! She rocked these head ties like crowns!
natalya
Natalya Mills-Mayrena Costume Historian, Curator, Caribbean Dress Expert
So, I decided to create a line of greeting cards that are also suitable for framing. I’m very excited to share these cards with you for the holidays, also if you have any preferences to designs or custom cards, please don’t hesitate to contact me @ ayeshanti@gmail.com.This series represents all types of women and cultures. All of the paper pieces are hand-cut with my handy x-acto knife and fine scissor.


ASheadwDayana1
Women of the Sun – Head Tie Series (Anaya)

ASheadwNatalya1
Women of the Sun – Head Tie Series (Natalya)

No comments:

Post a Comment